Our first task is to determine your Temple's sleeping room needs, so if you will respond to us with the information requested below we can get rolling on what is sure to be an exciting year in 2018.
STEP ONE: Click HERE and Take a look at our great hotel choices. We have a link to each hotel’s home page. Pick your favorite, and a couple of backups. If you need 12 rooms or less, and choose to stay at a headquarters hotel, Shriners International will handle your hotel arrangements at a later time. But don’t stop here. We still need you to give us your contact and other information.
STEP TWO: Complete the attached Hotel Assignment form. You can fill it out by hand. The form is pretty much self explanatory.
- Contact Information – We would like to be able to contact you and a second person, ideally your Housing Chairman. If you do not have a Housing Chairman, identify a secondary contact.
- Number of Hotel Rooms Required – These are the rooms you will be assigned by the Daytona Housing team in Tampa. You will be required to pay a binder fee of $20 per room paid by either cash, check, or credit card before you will be assigned a hotel.
- Hotel Preference–We would like you to have three choices. If your first choice is still available when you meet with us in Tampa, it is yours.
- Special Needs – If you have anything out of the ordinary, let us know.
- Number of Headquarters Hotels Rooms – We don’t assign these, but we need an estimate for planning purposes.
- Number of Parade Units – Give us an estimate of the number and type.
- Number of Competition Units –Give us an estimate of the number and type.
- Comments – Add anything you want us to know.
Or mail it to
1848 Crane Point Drive,
Port Orange, FL 32128
STEP FOUR: A representative from the 2018 Housing Committee will contact you to set your meeting appointment in Tampa. For forms that are received prior to June 15th, we will schedule appointments in Tampa based on the order in which the forms are received. No rooms will be assigned until your scheduled appointment in Tampa. You cannot actually reserve a hotel until you arrive in Tampa and meet with the 2018 Housing Committee, and pay your housing binder fee of $20.00. Hotels will be assigned on a first come, first serve timeline.
If you cannot get your form back to us by June 15, 2016, stop by the 2018 Housing Office when you arrive in Tampa and make an appointment to meet. We plan to be open:
Sunday, July 3rd from 8 am - 5 pm. Monday, July 4th from 8 am - 5 pm. Tuesday, July 5th from 8 am - 2 pm.
STEP FIVE: Bring appropriate payment in cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to Shriners International Session of 2018, Inc. Don’t fill in the amount until you get to Tampa. Bring your form and check to the 2018 Housing Office at your appointed time.
STEP SIX: You need to know, all nobles from a Temple who are staying in the Daytona Beach area for the 2018 Imperial Convention must stay in an authorized convention hotel. Failure to do so will prevent your Temple from participating in Shrine activities such as the parade and competitions. You can do this at any time but cannot actually reserve a hotel until you arrive in Tampa and meet with the 2018 Housing committee and pay your $20.00 housing binder fee. Remember, hotels will be assigned on a first come, first serve timeline.
STEP SEVEN: Once you have been assigned a hotel, within 60 days, you must confirm your room rate, any hospitality room requirements, and amenities, with the hotel as you will sign a contract directly with that hotel. At this point you or your designee will be responsible for assigning rooms to your attendees and submitting the reservations to the hotel in order to fulfill your obligated room block based on your contract.
Thank you in advance for your reply. We look forward to meeting you in Tampa. Fraternally yours,
Art Horton - Imperial Session 2017 Housing Chairman